There’s a new Turnitin LTI tool that will be added to Canvas in the near future. Th new LTI will bring new changes to the way a Turnitin assignment is set up as well as the functionality of the tool.
- Supported primarily by Instructure.
- Plug-in developed by Instructure in cooperation with iParadigms, using the publicly available Turnitin API.
- Allows access to Turnitin Originality Checking (not GradeMark or PeerMark) without having to leave the Canvas environment or log into Turnitin directly.
- Turnitin Originality Checking is integrated into the standard Canvas user interface, alongside other Instructure Canvas components.
- Allows unified management of assignments through the Canvas user interface.
We are currently still testing it and it might be some months before it is widely released to all the Canvas courses. In the mean time, Turnitin can still be used as before.
If you have any questions or if you would like to test it in your course, let us know and we can give you a demo and add the tool to your course.